Wednesday, May 16, 2007

" I RUN TO YOU "


I run to you, O Lord, in joy and in sorrow;
How can I face another tomorrow?
I cleave to your Word this day;
On bended knees I continue to pray.
Today the tears won't stop;
I am so weak I could drop.
My heart is breaking;
My soul is aching.

I run to you.

The future is unknown;
But you have shown
That there is hope beyond now,
Faith to believe somehow.
Your love is ours;
Above our own it towers ~
I count the hours
Through your mighty powers
To see that satan cowers,
And Victory is won
By you, God's only Son

I run to you.

Save me from the raging sea;
Grab my hand and hold onto me.
Be my strength while I am weak;
Yours is the true love I seek.
I nestle my head close to your heart;
Do Thou every grace impart.

I run to you.

I bare my soul, my sin confess
You are my Goal and I profess
You, O Jesus Christ, are Lord;
Praises to you, I do accord.
My Lord, my God, my All,
I'll ever abide by your Law.
O my Lord, my God, my All.

I run to you.




© Mel Patterson, May 16, 2007

No comments: