Friday, August 10, 2007

" Longing for You, Lord "

Lord, you know my heart and soul,
That you are my passionate goal;
Show me how to serve you
Even though I don't deserve you--
Permit not evil to take its' toll.

Lord, you know me far more than I do,
And every morning you make me new;
Show me how to rightly love you --
Protect me from evil acts and desires;
O, Lord, to you my very soul aspires.

I dream of you, Lord, night and day;
Your holy and sacred heart hold me sway --
For intimate communion with you I pray.
O keep me faithful and keep me true;
Blessed Lord Jesus I love and Praise you.

I long for Heaven and all things above
Pondering being encapsulated
in your everlasting love.
Bring me to the Cross upon my knees;
It is you I ever want to please.
Route out all that is not pure,
I beg my soul you will cure,
So one day I will sinless be
Finally to dwell in Heaven with Thee.
Thank you for the joy that awaits me.
I love you, Lord, for eternity.

© Mel Patterson, 8-10-07

No comments: