Saturday, August 09, 2008

" A Briney Sea "
I see the rolling waves undulating in the deep blue ocean,
I hear the gushing, the rushing and the turbulent motion;
While many of us are in the waters thrashing all about
Frighteningly and frantically, "Save us! " we shout.

Our vessel has sunk; we were tossed into the rough sea;
How could that upset have happened, how did it come to be?
Life boats filled to capacity, life rings clung to in a death-grip
Help comes, rescuers arrive to lift us onto another ship.

I taste the salty brine and choke on what I swallow;
I drift in and out of consciousness and helplessly wallow
In waters of oblivion, with others just like me ~ in that sea
Until I hear the sound of a bell ringing in the distance
Ringing and ringing with great persistance.
It snaps me out of that horrific situation;
I find blessed relief without hesitation.
A new day has dawned,and I stretch with a yawn.




© Mel Patterson, 8-9-08

No comments: