Sunday, January 18, 2009

" HUMBLED "



Upon this early morning rising before Church bells peal
I find my soul at best basking in a presence so real
Where the Lord speaks to the core of my spirit
I pray my ears be open to hear it
As He gently enters and centers
His attention upon me
and...
I am humbled.

His great love for us is impossible to understand;
Each one of us came into being at His command.
There is no other quite like the person you are;
You are as unique as the brightest sparkling star.

Stretching before us is the gift of another new day
With its' moments, minutes and hours we hold sway
What is it we will accomplish as the clock ticks away
Will we use it wisely and set time aside to pray?

It would be well to start the day in thanksgiving and prayer
And Praise the Lord God with deliberate heartfelt care
So...
Upon this early morning rising before Church bells peal
Let's place our souls in God's Presence for real ~
Where He will speak to the core of our spirit;
O may our ears be attentive to hear it
As He gently enters and centers
His attention upon us
and...
we are humbled.

© Mel Patterson - 1-18-09

No comments: