Thursday, October 05, 2006

"Your Presence is What We Desire"


Your Presence is what we desire;
Fill us with Holy Spirit Fire.

Without you I am lost and afraid;
Your Presence is what I desire.
Come, Lord Jesus, and save me
From the stench of sin and mire.

I can't believe you really want me,
So sinful and slothful as I am;
Accept my penitential prayer, my God.
Through your Son, Jesus, our Perfect Lamb.

I am sorely afraid of offending you,
And I pray to be a deserving child
Who serves you in my neighbor ~
You, my Lord, are Holy, and undefiled.

Be Thou our Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
Rock, Lighthouse, Saviour and Friend;
Please guide each and everyone of us
And to each beloved soul do Thou tend.

We want to be pleasing to you
In everything we say and do;
Bless us with all virtue,
annoint us, too
For as you love us we also love you.

Your Presence is what we desire;
Fill us with Holy Spirit Fire.

© Mel Patterson 10-5-06

No comments: