Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Spirit's Teaching Me


O Holy Spirit, you teach me many things
About what your Divine nature brings.
You are the Love between Father and Son
O Triune God, truly Three in One.

The Word issuing from God's mouth was Jesus
With every teaching of His sweetly to please us.
Three in One, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
Wisdom of ages, may we wholly hear it.

If I listen carefully when you speak to me
You say your Presence is with me eternally.
The dimension in which I live here and now
Is only a thin veil away from you somehow.

That being the case it's like a mother's womb
With immanent birth issuing forth soon.
You're close as that mother and unborn child;
By this teaching my soul you have beguiled.

I wish to feel your Presence with me ever;
To be prayerful and reverent is my endeavor.
Keep teaching me the wisdom of your ways
That I may attain heaven one of these days.



© Mel Patterson, June 3, 2007

No comments: