Tuesday, June 19, 2007

" WITH MY BLOOD "

I see you in the distance and tremble with fear
As I thrash and splash flailing about in turbulent water
You come toward me and say, "I am here, my daughter,"
And you firmly say to the evil one, "I have caught her!
Depart you son of darkness, with my Blood I bought her!

"O, ye of little faith," I hear you say;
"When you doubt I respond to your plea.
When you flounder and feel like you're drowning,
I rush and reach for you in Love abounding,
Hold on, it is me, Jesus, I am He."
In the raging waters of the stormy sea,
Even then, Lord, you come to save me.

You still the turbulence and the sea becomes calm;
Your Presence soothes my soul like comforting balm.
Your Heart and my heart cleave together in love;
It is why the Father sent you from above
Sent the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove
Lost in your love is all I can think of.

Peace has come; my soul can rest now;
Before you, O Lord, I gratefully bow.
In worship and praise all of my days
My spirit is renewed through your grace;
To you be all glory, honor and praise.

Depart you son of darkness, with my Blood I bought her!
Depart you son of darkness, with my Blood I bought him!
Depart you son of darkness, with my Blood I bought them!

© Mel Patterson 6-19-07

No comments: