Friday, October 21, 2011

O HOLY SPIRIT of GOD
O Holy Spirit of God when I cannot pray as I ought
Because with so many duties I am fraught
Is it true You pray when I am unable to do so?
Does my own spirit unite with Yours, then, too?
O Holy Spirit of God clearly I am overwrought
And not nearly as strong as I once thought
Be my Stronghold, my Fortress, my Deliverer
Increase my blessings and grace this believer.
O Holy Spirit of God Your wisdom I have sought
And I thank You for all that You have taught
You were the Force from the beginning of time
With the Father and Son, all three sublime.
O Holy Spirit of God Author of pure thought
Arranged for generations to be Blood-bought
I thank You profusely for all that You give
And shall sing Your Praises as long as I live.
© Mel Patterson, 10-21-11


No comments: